Friday, June 3, 2011

Count ur blessings !

 

           This guy knocked into my home the other day. A typical lazy afternoon.. He neva spoke a word. Only later did I realise he cudnt speak nor cud he hear. The entire while we were still conversing.. I was made to understand his name was Shiva. He was in his 3rd STD. Father passed away. He was born hearing nd oral impaired.

He luved sweets so much. I gave him whateva I had at home. He ate them. Offered me sum too. Actually spent a lot of time at home nd then I asked him to pose for a photograph. He asked me for what I was doing this. I didnt know what to tell him.  

His excitement took over wen he saw the camera with a huge flash head nd he was all smiles. Clicked a few quick shots. He came running over for me to show him the pictures. He gave me a tight hug nd tuk out a small post it note from his pocket. Wrote "Tank You" nd went off waving his hand.

Nd a long time after he left, It stuck me. Those two words were the only LANGUAGE we shared in the whole time. Here he was. A very differently enabled Third Grader. He wanted to share what I gave him, could communicate excellently where normal people often struggle to and he did it with so much ease that I hadnt noticed it the whole almost-one-hour that he was at my place. He showed No signs of an impairment.

I realised, u dont actually need a language. U dont need any material. Just make the best of what U have. I remember amma's favourite quote, "Count your blessings.."

I dont think I can never again complain. Am blessed after all !

No comments:

Post a Comment